Over here at the Smiley Wiley house we really, really love trees. Not to mention beaches, lakes, forests, mountains… you get it. We’re outdoorsy.
We love the outdoors so much that we make lots and lots of efforts to preserve it. Which means Smiley Wileys is eco friendly! I’ve mentioned it before but it’s worth mentioning again, and again, and maybe even again, because I feel like it’s that important.
So, how are we eco friendly, you ask? Well let me tell you in bullet points because I like a reason to use bullet points…
1) All the materials for the party decorations are recycled or upcycled. Therefore, no new trees are being cut down.
2) Even the packaging materials are recycled. Your garlands will arrive wrapped around and in recycled paper. I will sometimes use plastic to wrap your package to protect it from the elements, but even that plastic is recycled. Your shipping label is even printed on recycled paper and I use a local shop to recycle and refill my ink.
3) The Smiley Wiley workshop uses very little electricity, and energy efficient lighting. (which results in low energy usage and horrific lighting for photos.)
4) Most of the parcels are delivered to the mailbox using pedal power. Specifically 11 year old boy power. The young man is head of shipping, and takes great care to ensure your parcels are delivered with very little use of fossil fuel. (And yes, the following is a photo of the girl, but the boy won't let me snap his photo, so that's all I've got.)
5) Number one is kind of a lie. The thread I use to sew the garlands is new. Brand spanking new. BUT I purchase it from a local shop that is within walking distance from my house…
6) Even the Smiley Wiley household uses eco friendly cleaning products, reusable shopping bags, and energy efficient everything. We walk or bike almost everywhere and always try to buy second hand before new. We are not just green, but cheap and thrifty too.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, we’re on our bikes on the way to the post office to drop off your parcels. Then we're going to the mountains!
See you soon!
Every year since I opened my Etsy shop I have completely missed the boat as far as Halloween and Christmas are concerned. Not this year! I finally did the “math” and got busy in August. The new garlands didn’t actually go live in the shop until September, but hey, I’m still a work in progress. :)
And since I only move in baby steps, there are only 2 spooky new garlands this season, and that is 2 more than there were last year! HA! Go, me!
So, without further ado, I’m pleased as punch to introduce you to the new festive decorations…
First up are the candy corn coloured garlands! Because, yum! Staying true to myself is so important, so I threw in book pages too.
Are you sitting down? Because there is more exciting stuff coming up… I now have the capability to cut my very own designs. Throw confetti! This is huge! So to start off, I have a little skull garland in the shop.
Now I’m feeling all festive and thinking maybe it’s time I started thinking about my Halloween costume… for next year.